Tic-Tac-Toe

I made some Scrabble tiles for my friend the other day and that got me all excited about making games. So I decided to make a tic-tac-toe game out of hardboard for fun.

The X’s and O’s came out really nice but I made a mistake on the board. I decided to try some experiments with wiping away acrylic paint and acrylic ink but the wood absorbs it too fast and you can’t get good contrast.

So I made another board which came out okay. I am just sealing it so it doesn’t get stained by beer, condensation and other liquids.

On the first board I used the phlat-script fold tool to engrave them. The 2nd attempt I just used vector cutting (to a lesser depth than the material). That was a lot faster and came out nicer.

Comments are closed.