Suck-o-Matic

We need a vacuum for the CNC613 project. I’m going to make a nice dust extractor but I wanted to pull something together quickly for the mean time.

I came up with something fairly elegant using just junk I had lying around. I noticed the Dust Devil fits perfectly in this jar. So I added a hole and nozzle. To make the nozzle I took a vacuum hose size adaptor and hacked it at 45 degrees with a hacksaw. I then glued a vinyl ring onto it using some weld glue. I added hardboard rings for strain relief and then bolted it to the container.

Expected problems:

I may have used the wrong glue so that may break. Also the jar isn’t very strong so it may fatique.

Trackbacks & Pings